This document describes the basic setup of the Instagram Business data source.
Instagram requires the logged in user to have an Instagram Business account. During authentication, the user will need to verify that the Facebook account is the admin of both the Instagram account and the relevant, related Facebook page.
- From the Data Sources menu, click Add Data Source.
- Search for Instagram Business, then select it to continue to the next step.
- Click Login and follow Instagram’s authorization process to allow Panoply to access Instagram Business data. To ensure your authentication is properly completed, click on the Edit Settings button and follow these steps:
- Verify the Facebook Account
- Choose a single Instagram account
- Choose a single Facebook page
- Select the Metrics to collect.
- The metrics are defined by the Instagram Business API
- To better understand the data available, see the Data Dictionary.
- Select a Date Range.
- The Date Range determines how many days of historical data to collect.
- If this is a first time collection, we recommend using the default selection. This will speed up the initial collection.
- Save your changes by clicking the Save Changes. You can then click Collect.
- The data source appears grayed out while the collection runs.
- You may add additional data sources while this collection runs.
- You can monitor this collection from the Jobs page or the Data Sources page.
- After a successful collection, navigate to the Tables page to review the data results.
Links for further assistance
If you are having trouble connecting your Instagram Business page, these links may be of help.