To determine whether your data warehouse is built on BigQuery or Redshift, see the BI Connect Page on the Panoply platform.
Panoply integrates with the Desktop version of Microsoft’s Power BI. We do not currently support Power BI Cloud.
Panoply on BigQuery
To connect PowerBI to BigQuery:
- In PowerBI, under Get Data, select Google BigQuery.
- Click on Connect. Choose the Google account to connect to PowerBI.
- Click on Connect.
You have successfully connected PowerBI to your BigQuery data warehouse.
Panoply on Redshift
To connect Power BI Desktop to Panoply:
- Open Power BI Desktop log in using your Office 365 credentials. If you don’t have an Office 365 account, fill out the form to create an account and log in.
- Select Get data.
- Select Database, then Amazon Redshift, and then click Connect.
Panoply’s smart data warehouse operates on top of Redshift and will use this driver to connect your data.
- Enter the server and database connection details, which are found on the Connect page in Panoply.
- Select a Data Connectivity mode, and then click Okay. The options are:
- Import - Pull all of the data from your Panoply DB local to be queried in Power BI.
- DirectQuery - Have Power BI query your Panoply data warehouse.
- Enter your Panoply data warehouse credentials, which are the same details you would use to log in at panoply.io. Your username must be lowercase.
- Click Connect.
A list of your tables and views populates in the navigator.
- Select the tables and views you’d like to visualize and click Load.
You have successfully connected Power BI Desktop to your Panoply data warehouse.