Scheduling a Data Source
To schedule a data source:
- Click Data Sources in the navigation pane.
- Click the data source you’d like to schedule, then click the Schedule Collection link in the left side navigation menu.
- Click on Enable auto-collection.
- Select the day frequency to run the ingestion, which can be either a specific day of the week or daily.
- Select your preferred time option, which can either be an hour interval (every 1, 2, 4, 6, or 12 hours), or a specific hour of the day.
- Click Yes, Change Schedule.
Cancelling A Collection Job
There are a few reasons a user might need to cancel a job once it has started collecting. A common reason is that a data source configuration is incorrect and the user wants to change this, but a data source configuration cannot be updated while a job is active for that data source.
To cancel a job, click the Stop Collection button in the left side navigation on the data source page. Once you’ve done this, the Panoply system will clean up any intermediate processes and terminate the job.
To turn on notifications, select the user icon in the top right of the interface, and click on Notifications. Once you’ve done that, you’ll see toggle switches where you can receive notifications any time a new data source finishes for the first time, or any time a manual collection finishes. You can also receive a daily summary of all data source collection failures.