We do not recommend changing advanced settings unless you are an experienced Panoply user.
For users who have some experience working with their data in Panoply, there are a number of items that can be customized for this data source.
- Destination Schema: This is the name of the target schema to save the data. The default schema is Public. This cannot be changed once a source had been collected.
- Destination: The Default is
resourceis the table name from the schema for this data source.
- Primary Key: The primary key is an
idfield that defines the column that contains the table’s Primary Key. If this option is left blank and the sheet does not contain an
IDcolumn, Panoply will insert an
id, formatted as a GUID, such as
- Exclude: The Exclude option allows you to exclude certain data, such as names, addresses, or other personally identifiable information. Enter the column names of the data to exclude.
- Parse String: If the data to be collected contains JSON, include the JSON text attributes to be parsed.
- Truncate: Truncate deletes all the current data stored in the destination tables, but not the tables themselves. Afterwards Panoply will recollect all the available data for this data source.
- Click Save Changes then click Collect.
- The data source appears grayed out while the collection runs.
- You may add additional data sources while this collection runs.
- You can monitor this collection from the Jobs page or the Data Sources page.
- After a successful collection, navigate to the Tables page to review the data results.