This document describes the basic setup of the File Upload data source.
- From the Data Sources menu, click Add Data Source.
- Search for File Upload, then select that data source.
- Click Choose File and select the file to upload. Panoply will only show you files in your Drive that are compatible.
- Plain text (.txt)
- Enter the destination. This will be the name of the table in Panoply once it is collected.
- Click Save Changes, then click Collect.
- The data source appears grayed out while the collection runs.
- You may add additional data sources while this collection runs.
- You can monitor this collection from the Jobs page or the Data Sources page.
- After a successful collection, navigate to the Tables page to review the data results.
This is all that is necessary to start collecting your data from Google Drive, however there are a number of Advanced Settings you can use to customize your data source. We do not recommend changing Advanced Settings unless you are an experienced Panoply user.
To see more information about the data from Google Drive and how Panoply manages different kinds of data, see Data Dictionary.