WARNING: Facebook requires the logged in user to have permissions to the data. If the permissions are not in place, some of the data will not be available.
To configure this data source and collect Facebook Posts data:
- From the Data Sources menu, click Add Data Source.
- Search for Facebook Posts, then select it to continue to the next step.
- Click Login and follow Facebook’s authorization process to allow Panoply to access Facebook Posts data.
- Select the Facebook Pages from which to collect data.
- The Facebook pages that appear in the list are those that your Facebook account has access to.
- Select the Resources to collect.
- Select a Date Range.
- ‘Date Range’ determines how many days of historical data to collect.
- If this is a first time collection, we recommend using the default selection. This will speed up the initial collection.
- Click Save Changes then you can click Collect.
- The data source appears grayed out while the collection runs.
- You may add additional data sources while this collection runs.
- You can monitor this collection from the Jobs page or the Data Sources page.
- After a successful collection, navigate to the Tables page to review the data results.
This is all that is necessary to start collecting your data from Facebook Posts, however there are a number of Advanced Settings you can use to customize your Facebook Posts data source. We do not recommend changing Advanced Settings unless you are an experienced Panoply user.