This document provides step-by-step instructions for importing data from Dunnhumby. The following will be covered:
Dunnhumby Data Integration
To integrate Dunnhumby data into your Panoply warehouse using default settings, complete the following steps.
- Click Data Sources in the navigation menu.
- Click the Add Data Source button.
- In the Data Sources - Choose Source Type window, select Dunnhumby. Dunnhumby is listed under APIs.
- In the Data Sources – Dunnhumby screen, enter your login credentials and click Login.
- Choose your Dunnhumby shop.
- In the Data Sources – Dunnhumby, screen, select which data to import.
- (Optional) To customize the ingestion from your data source, review the advanced options.
- Click Collect.
The Data Sources – Dunnhumby window will go gray while the data integration is pending. A small green progress bar will appear below Dunnhumby once the integration has begun. A prompt will appear asking if you would like to set up the integration of another data source. Multiple data integrations can be set up without impacting the ingestion of the already scheduled or pending data integrations.
From the Data Sources main menu you can monitor the data ingestion status of the scheduled and pending data integrations. After the data ingestion is complete, you can clean or transform your data in the tables menu.
Clicking Show next to Advanced will expand the Data Sources - Dunnhumby window to include Destination, Primary Key, Exclude, Parse String and Truncate table.
Destination - Default is
__tablename is the table name from the schema for this data source. See Data Schema for more detail about each table.
Primary Key - Default is
id. The primary key here determines which field(s) to use as the deduplication key when ingesting data.
The data schema in Panoply will reflect the data schema in the report generated at the Dunnhumby source. In addition, Panoply adds three metadata columns in each table: