Panoply documentation is moving! Click here to view the new site! __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
To determine whether your data warehouse is built on BigQuery or Redshift, see the BI Connect Page on the Panoply platform.
Panoply on BigQuery
To connect Metabase to BigQuery:
- In Panoply, click on BI Connection. Click on Send your service account JSON file to your email. When you receive the file, save it in an easy to find location. You will need it in step 8.
- In Metabase, on the top right corner, click on the Settings icon, then choose Admin from the drop-down menu.
- On the Metabase Admin screen, select Setup.
- Under Getting set up, select Add a database.
- Select BigQueryas your Database Type.
- Give your project a name. This can be anything.
- In the Dataset ID field, enter “panoply”.
- Click on Select a file and attach your Service Account JSON file that you saved in Step 1.
- You will get a pop-up when your database has been added. Click on Explore this data to start your analysis.
You have successfully connected Metabase to your BigQuery data warehouse.