Note: To properly follow the instructions outlined below, please ensure that you install Grafana on your platform, and test that it is running correctly.
Panoply on BigQuery
To connect Grafana to BigQuery:
- Login into your Grafana account.
- Under Configuration, select Plugins.
- To connect to Google BigQuery, an additional plugin needs to be installed. Click on Find more plugins on Grafana.com.
- Search and download the BigQuery Plugin from Grafana Labs.
- Click on Install Plugin.
- BigQuery Plugin has been successfully installed.
- Return to Grafana.net. Under Add Data Source, choose Google BigQuery. Click Select.
- On the next screen, under Settings > Authentication, click Upload Service Account key file and upload your service account JSON file or paste in the below space.
- Uploaded key details will be populated. Click on Save & Test.
- Go to the Explore Section.
- Unlike other BI tools, you must indicate the table you would like to explore in Grafana. See the sample screenshot below.
You have successfully connected Grafana to your BigQuery data warehouse.
Panoply on Redshift
To connect Grafana to Panoply:
Open your browser and type in the URL the default localhost path where Grafana is currently running.
- For Windows:
- For Mac and Linux platforms:
- For Windows:
Log in using your username and password. For first-time use, admin/admin is the username-password combination.
Select “Create your first data source”.
In SQL section, select PostgreSQL.
Enter the server and database connection details, which are found on the Connect page in Panoply.
Click “Save & Test” button at the bottom, and the connection should be okay.
Go to the Explore Section.
Unlike other BI tools, you must indicate the table you would like to explore in Grafana. See the sample screenshot below.
You have successfully connected Grafana to your Panoply data warehouse.